Trail Network Needs Your Vote!
August 13, 2018
Posted by on
A local community bid has made the final list of the 2018 ‘Pick My Project’, which this bid now needs local resident’s support. The Junortoun Community Action Group (JCAG) is delighted to advise that their bid for funding of a cycling and walking path, to complete a ‘missing link’ in Junortoun, has made it to the final ‘Pick My Project’ projects list. Pick My Project is a community grants initiative, supported by the Victorian State Government.
This project is proposing to have built a short section of new off-road path/trail, adjacent to Trotting Tce in Junortoun. Local residents now have a chance to support this proposed project, to enable it to succeed.
Reasons to support this project:
- It is for a cycling and walking related project near the O’Keefe Rail Trail in Junortoun.
- It completes a missing link, connecting the O’Keefe Rail Trail (via La Valla Court) to the ‘Trotting Tce – Cousins St path’ through the forest to Cousins Street Strathdale.
- It completes a missing link, connecting the O’Keefe Rail Trail (via La Valla Court) to the new off-road ‘Strathfieldsaye – Junortoun path’ via the McIvor Forest Estate.
- It will support people within the Junortoun, Strathfieldsaye, Strathdale (and other adjacent Bendigo suburbs) areas to safely and easily access the O’Keefe Rail Trail at Junortoun.
- It will support young people riding to and from schools in the Junortoun and Strathfieldsaye areas
- It will provide an easier and safer options for cycling and walking commuters, with off-road transport routes to various destinations.
- It will help to complete another section of Bendigo’s off-road path/trail network.
To support this worthy project, you need to vote now! Voting is open and closes 5pm Monday 17 September 2018.
Go to Pick My Project web page and type Junortoun into “Browse projects Near You’ field. Suggest selecting the “Cycling and walking path in Junortoun” project into your short list for support (you will need to vote on three projects when submitting your vote). You’ll then be asked to register (with your normal or temporary address to be included). As a regional project, voters must reside within 50kms of the project’s location.
Looking for other related projects to vote on? Perhaps note ‘Bike Love Bike Bendigo’ as well as many other local projects.
Please VOTE now, your country (trails) needs YOU!!Further information regarding the voting progress can be found on the Pick My Project FAQ’s page.