Annual General Meeting – Wednesday 31st August 2011
The members of the Friends of the Bendigo-Kilmore Rail Trail would like to invite you to our Annual Meeting on Wednesday 31st August 2011 at 6.45 pm in the Bendigo and District Cycling Club rooms in the Tom Flood Centre.
With the guest speaker being Prof John Martin, it should be a very informative and stimulating evening.
After attracting significant funding in 2010 from the Victorian State Government and City of Greater Bendigo, the past year has shown steady progress in the upgrading and extending this rail trail after many years of deteriorating condition.
Some of the past year’s highlights are:
- Installation of six new bridges, to replace those removed when the railway was dismantled. Ironically this was delayed by the wet period last year.
- Solid progress has been made to replace the inadequate Axecreek swing bridge with one which is suitable for cyclists, walkers and horse riders.
- Reconstruction and resurfacing has commenced, with the section from Bobs St to Roh’s Rd being completed to provide a safe trail for all users.
- Route selection and planning by City of Greater Bendigo Council is under way to extend the trail to Heathcote (50 kms). With the involvement of Mitchell Shire, the vision is also to extend the trail onwards to Kilmore and Heathcote Junction (100 kms).
- Replacement of the historic mile posts is nearing completion for the Bendigo-Axedale section. The concrete replica 100 mile post can be seen near the Roh’s road crossing.
Request that you give thought to your nominations of official positions for 2011-12 year ahead. With some current occupants indicating that they will be handing their role on to another members to share the role, we look forward to receiving agreed nomination forms by 26 Aug at the latest please. Please download nomination form here.
Order of meeting will be as follows:
- Minutes of previous AGM (22/09/2010)
- Convenor’s Report
- Treasurer’s report
- Election of Office Bearers
Appointment of Officer in Charge (declare all positions vacant).
- Vice Convenor
- General Secretary
- Minute Secretary
At the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting, there will be a general meeting.