Ride the O’Keefe rail trail this spring
August 12, 2009
Posted by on
The City of Greater Bendigo and the Friends of the Bendigo-Kilmore Rail Trail are hosting a free community ride along the O’Keefe Rail Trail as part of the Spring in the Bendigo Bush program. The ride will explore the rail trail to Axedale and return through the beautiful Wellsford Forest using forest tracks and roads.
The ride is suitable for people who are regular cyclists and have a good level of fitness.
Day: Saturday 5 September 2009,
Time: 9.00 am to around 2.00 pm (approximately 5 hours by the time we look at features along the way and stop for refuelling).
Distance: About 45 km
You’ll need to book as places are limited. Contact Anthony Sheean on (03) 5434 6374 or 0419 762 787. Departure/meeting details will be provided when you book.
What to bring
- A mountain or hybrid bike in good working order
- Spare tube and repair kit
- Comfy clothing including a raincoat and sturdy shoes
- Bike helmet
- Plenty of fuel – lunch and snacks
- Plenty of water (at least two full water bottles or a hydration backpack)
You might also want to bring
- Camera and binoculars
- Local field guides