News items relating to the Friends of the Bendigo-Kilmore Rail Trail group, and associated trails.
- The McIvor Times article on the construction of the Heathcote Lions Club’s O’Keefe Rail Trail shelter – 21 Oct (page 7) edition.
- The McIvor Times article on the naming of the O’Keefe Rail Trail’s unnamed waterways and bridges – 7 Oct (page 6) edition.
- Bendigo Weekly article on the naming of the O’Keefe Rail Trail’s unnamed waterways and bridges – 24 July (page 18) edition.
- Bendigo Weekly article on the completion of the O’Keefe Rail Trail from Axedale to Heathcote (15 May 2015) for public access – 29 May (page 7) edition.
- North Central Review article on the Wallan to Heathcote Rail Trail proposal commitment announcement, in lead up to Victorian State elections – 18th Nov (page 3) edition.
- Bendigo Advertiser – Doing his bit for healthy living -21 October 2014 edition – A story on Friends of the Bendigo-Kilmore Rail Trail volunteer member Steve Boswell.
- WIN TV News Bendigo – news item about construction of the Axedale McIvor Highway underpass (via Axedale Our Town Our Future website).
- Bendigo Weekly article regarding the Friends’ contribution to the J-Cycle program at The Bendigo and District Cycling Club
- Recent Radio PhoenixFM 106.7 interview with Garry Long on the ‘Past Present & Future’ segment (Tuesdays 12:00-1:30pm). The interviewer was John Hall, and the subject related to the original Wallan to Sandhurst (Bendigo) railway line, its railway history, the O’Keefe Rail Trail, and the future vision for a Bendigo-Kilmore Rail Trail.
- Bendigo Advertiser story on the recent Friends Spring in the Bendigo Bush ride along the O’Keefe Rail Trail – September 22nd 2011 edition
- Extract from Railtrail Australia’s Rail Trail Connection Spring 2011 magazine edition article “The O’Keefe Rail Trail is going places”. Thanks to Railtrail Australia for kindly permitting us to extract and republish this article here. Please visit the Railtrail Australia website [www.railtrails.org.au] for more information on membership and support of that organisation.
- Extract from Bridge Connection September 2011 edition; “The O’Keefe Rail Trail is going places“
- North Central Review cover story regarding the grim outlook for the Pyalong bridges. Text only here.
- Front cover of the Bendigo Council’s ‘Council Plan 2009/13 (2011 update)’ features Friends members riding over the new Sweenies Crk bridge
- Front page of the McIvor Times about poor state of the trail
- Front page of the North Central Review announcing Mitchell Shire’s in-principle support for the Bendigo-Kilmore trail
- Letter from John Fordham to the Axedale Antics about the state of the trail
- The Bendigo Advertiser, Bendigo Weekly and ABC radio report that the City of Greater Bendigo council has voted to seek funding to extend the O’Keefe trail to Heathcote.
- Report on the Spring in the Bendigo Bush ride down the O’Keefe Rail Trail, Eddie Barkla’s column in the Bendigo Weekly (PDF copy of the article).
- Garry Long, convenor Friends of the Bendigo-Kilmore Rail Trail interviewed on ABC radio. Download the recording here.
- The Bendigo Advertiser, Bendigo Miner, McIvor Times and Kilmore Free Press run item about public briefing in Bendigo (all links to PDF copies of the items).
- Jim Evans of the Bendigo Historical Society publishes item about the trail’s history in the Bendigo Miner (PDF copy).